Accelerate the process of improving the consumer experience by visualizing the decisions, dynamics, and essential touch points of any given stakeholder experience. Find new areas of value and new opportunities by getting a better picture of how a Persona navigates through tasks, interactions or even challenges.
Whether it be a diagram, map, or a flow chart; the Experience Map effectively breaks down multi-stage consumer interactions, helping teams shed light on simple to complex consumer journeys, including the passing of time. Experience Mapping helps teams gain empathy and synthesize a body of research and/or multiple perspectives.
Steps in Batterii
1. The Experience Map frames all of your observations collected through different Fieldwork methods including; Interviews, Day-in-the-Life, Focus groups and Social scraping.
2. Create a Wall and set to Moveable. Choose the Experience Map from the backdrops. This will be the framework to curate your observations.
3. Copy any observations – photos, videos and notes – from previous methods to this Wall. Use the labels on the backdrop to position your Notes around what the consumer was Doing, Thinking and Feeling. These may reveal additional Notes to define the stages and touch points that were involved in the experience.
There are a couple ways (Send or drag and drop) to copy content to a new wall - check out Move, Add or Copy Content.
4. After completed, focus your attention on the pain points of the experience. What could be improved? Create Insights and Ideas on the Opportunity area to define possible solution to delight the consumer.
5. Share your findings with the team and use to focus ideation efforts.
Implement a time constraint on your Experience Map if needed
Don’t forget to utilize sticky notes within your Room
Bring multiple perspectives into the process
Refer to and update the map when more information is discovered