Store visits complement other information gathering techniques and bring human experiences to life. Store visits allow you to get closer to the customer and the market to generate better Insights, ideas, products and services.
Store Visits can be an efficient and effective way to improve the “at shelf” experience that drives consumer choice and ultimately revenue. Using the Batterii mobile app, users can be engaged from across the country to post their in-store observations in real time.
Steps in Batterii
1) Decide if it makes sense to visit this location in person, or if you can capture observations digitally through online searches, videos and Social Scraping.
2) Identify the team members and various locations and dates/times to visit. Whether a digital visit or in person, decide on your pre-established tags ahead of your store visit. Input these under the Room Settings.
3) Create a Wall for each store you are going to visit.
4) Using the Mobile App, capture your experience through photos, videos, and notes. Describe what you see, including consumer interactions with the store/spaces. How are they behaving in the space? What are the invisible parts of the experience (i.e. smell, energy) that would be important to note for others who couldn’t attend? Post these observations to the corresponding Wall in your room.
Need the mobile app? Go to Install Batterii Mobile for more information.
5) After capture is complete, set your Wall to Movable. Cluster, theme or arrange your assets. You can use backdrops like the Storyboard, Experience Map and Empathy Map as a framework to help guide your storytelling. As patterns emerge, use the custom assets (e.g. Trends, Insights) to frame your learnings.
Not sure how to add a backdrop to a movable wall? Go to Adding a Wall Backdrop.
6) Create a recap of your findings using another custom asset (e.g. long-form notes, summary).
Try this method DIGITALLY
Google the store. View images and seek out videos. See what’s being discussed through social media and review sites. Capture all of this into a Wall. Does this give you a view into the store without ever traveling there?
- Under the Room Settings, use Suggested Tags so that they will appear when using the Mobile App and Web Clipper. This will speed up the curating process.
- Challenge yourself to conduct a Store Visit digitally (with no travel). Is this effective for our objectives?
- Find a native of that city to capture the experience for you. They can use a Guest account to share directly inside of Batterii.
- The Storyboard canvas can be an effective way to synthesize multiple Store Visits on one Batterii movable Wall.